Tuesday 24 April 2012

Old Ted - back on his feet!


Old Ted came to me with very sore paws and feet and his belly was completely empty.  His main requirements were some new pads and his tummy filling.  Once I'd given him a gentle cleaning and tidied his mouth stitching I got to work on his new pads.  His originals showed signs of being made from rexine so I replicated some rexine myself to keep the pads as close to the originals as possible.  Nowadays it's very hard if not impossible to find the genuine old rexine that some bears paws were once made of.
New pads and claw details in tact it was time to give this old boy a full tummy once again, he also got a new growler inserted.  Now his belly growls with contentment instead of hunger :0)

This was his message to me on arriving home . . .  what a lovely gesture! :0)



3 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Aww, he looks great and so much happier.

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Adorable fellow. I just really love the old ones.

Unknown said...

Dearest Elaine
He looks like a new bear! And so much happier! He sure has lots of character!
PS Thanks yous and Muffin and Button for purring for me when me was sick. me is doing much better.
Kisses
Nellie