Thursday 7 June 2012

All Spruced Up

This lovely Wendy Boston bear arrived at my hospital. 
Never have I seen such a luxurious coat left on one of these bears and I was really looking forward to making his coat look fresh and clean once again.  He was very dirty and looked light brown to begin with but after several gentle baths and a natural airing he came up beautifully soft, fluffy and blonde, just as I'd anticipated.
I rid him of his old foam chip stuffing that is synonymous with these bears.  It was at the decomposing stage where it becomes sticky and was rather difficult to remove as it stuck like velcro to his backing fabric inside him.  I had to gently peel it from him.  I then re-stuffed him with a modern polyester filling which will give him a much longer lifespan and is a far cleaner stuffing.
I did a repair to a wound on his leg and also one of his paws and completed him with the re-stitching of his nose and mouth.
I also revealed part of his label on one of his legs that I hadn't noticed until I'd cleaned him!



2 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Wow! What a huge difference on this fellow. His fur is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Dearest Elaine,
Me is sorry me was late in seeing your post! Mommy has been busier than 10 bears! (She says the real ones not the ones yous fixed)
Me thinks yous is a miracle worker! He is just lovely!
Kisses
Nellie