Thursday 10 March 2011

New Lease Of Life!

This little bear originally came to me looking rather deflated.
His old foam chip stuffing had completely broken down and turned into a sticky powder.
His joints were also seized.

After I removed all his broken down stuffing I re-stuffed him with a healthier kapok filling then carefully manipulated his joints to free them up and ease their movement, I then reset his original eyes back into place. I was glad to be able to salvage these as the wires attached to them had badly rusted and my worry was they might have broken off if put under any pressure, however I handled them with great care and the operation was a success.
He can now sit and stand with his free-moving joints and his healthy new stuffing.



BEFORE . . .

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! That's gross!!! You did a great job! I restore old bears too and know just how much love and careful work goes into them!
He's adorable!
Hugs,
Michelle

Jacqui said...

What a beautiful job! That sounds like it must have been quite a messy and tricky procedure!!!A true labour of love!
xxx
PS I think his face is really sweet :-)

Debora Hoffmann said...

Wow, you did a great job! The owner must be tickled pink. Definitely a labor of love, as Jakamoo says.

Unknown said...

Wow nasty insides. You did a wonderful job - he is a cutie!